Aglio et olio

I’m all exited about blogging again. I’m thinking of speed-posting a few recipes before I get down and feed you with more on a weekly basis. One of the first things I want to share with you is what to do with left-over pasta. Or what do with pasta you cooked on a hot summery day when you don't want to go through the trouble of making a sauce. Or what to cook any day just because it's so delicious. I'll let you decide.

I posted this recipe ages ago on my old blog, back when I still had my point-and-shoot camera. Still, I dare say these are one of the better pictures I've managed to make. Apparently I spend 10 minutes making the recipe, and another 20 to make a good picture. Just looking at them makes me feel a bit nostalgic, but also very proud of how far I managed to come.

Photobucket


Let's quickly share the recipe before I start ranting about my old blog, my dreams of food, styling and photography. This easy recipe is perfect for any leftover spaghetti you have that you didn’t throw into any sauce yet.  

Aglio et Olio

Spaghetti (leftovers or cooked and cooled)
Olive oil
Garlic or spring onions
Parsley or basil
Salt & pepper to taste


1. Pour the olive oil over the spaghetti until it’s ‘wet’ all over. It all depends on the amount of spaghetti you’re choosing but you’ll probably end up with a spoon or three. Just add one and mix and add more until you’re satisfied. Remember it’s easier to add than to take out!
2. Cut your garlic or spring onions – not both, it’ll be too strong – and mix them into the spaghetti.
3. Chop up your basil or parsley and throw those into the spaghetti as well.
4. Lastly add the salt and pepper to taste. My taste requires quite a few pinches of salt and no pepper at all, but you’re probably off best adding what you’d normally add to a dish.
5. Serve cold with tomatoes (cherry tomatoes, mmm) or a salad. This is a very plain main dish so make sure you eat enough vegetables on the side!

Photobucket

And there you have it. I didn’t put all the spaghetti I had on the plate and I was quite happy I could eat those leftovers while taking pictures. And after that, I ate it all. With some help.
A little note on the recipe: use good, high quality, olive oil. You can buy an olive oil, with a taste like pepper, lemon or basil and you might even get away with a completely different oil like walnut oil (although I wouldn't think so). However, don't use any oil you don't like the taste of naturally. Some cheap chemical-tasting olive oils will do fine for cooking, but the taste will be too prominent in this dish and will make it taste horrible. I also really wouldn't recommend sunflower oil, but if you're desperate I suppose it might be worth a shot. Just be sure to use as less as possible when you don't like the taste or you're unsure.

Photobucket

Enjoy my very first post including a recipe and please look forward to more in the near future!

Photobucket

Comments